Anusthana of Saraswatya Mantra
On Vasant Panchmi Japa-Dhyan of Saraswatya mantra is very very benefecial. Pujya Bapuji inspires sadhaks to do more Saraswatya Mantra Jap on this day.
Anusthana of Saraswatya Mantra:
Regular and sincere jap of Saraswatya mantra leads to the development of the intellect and memory power beyond our imagination. The elevated lives of great many students initiated by Pujya Bapuji in the Saraswatya mantra bear a testimony to this. If a student wants to make his life brilliant, vibrant and divine and to emerge out victorious in all fronts of life, he must observe an Anushthana of Saraswatya mantra.
The procedure for the Anushthana is as follows:
* The Anushthana of Saraswatya mantra is to be completed in seven days.
* 170 rounds of mala are to be done each day.
* One should wear only white clothes during these seven days.
* One should take a saltless diet during the Anushthana. Khir prepared from milk and rice is recommended.
* One should worship goddess Saraswati with white flowers before beginning the jap of the mantra. The Bhog offered to Goddess Saraswati should also be Khir.
* One should pray to Maa Saraswati for a pure and sharp intellect.
* One should sleep on the ground on a mat or a blanket and observe Mauna as much as possible.
* Jap done on a mala of crystal beads is all the more beneficial.
Other rules regarding place, sleeping, purity, etc. are common to an Anushthana of other mantras. A detailed account of the guidelines and precautions for an Anushthana of mantras is given in the Hindi books Mantra-Jap Mahima evam Anushthana Vidhi and Ishtasiddhi published by the Ashram.