Here is what was covered in the BSK session of Sunday, October 2, 2011:
I. Prayer & Yoga : This session involves regular mantra and shloka recitation by everyone, followed by a 30 minute yoga session.
II. Language Class:
- Basic Hindi and Gujarati language sessions
- Another Hindi language session for older kids who can already frame sentences in Hindi
- We had a 20 min group discussion on the topic "The purpose of Human life" / मानव जीवन का उद्देश्य
- Later on kids were asked to frame Hindi sentences on whatever was discussed
- The basic facts and questions that the discussion was based upon were as follows :
:- What should be our ultimate objective? / हमारे जीवन का लक्ष्य क्या होना चाहिए?
:- Who can experience "happiness" ? / सुख की अनुभूति किसे हो सकती है?
:- What is needed to reach / realize "God" ? भगवान् को पाने के लिए क्या आवश्यक है?
Last Sunday, kids had started writing a few liner paragraph (in Hindi) on whatever was discussed.
We would check the answers on coming Sunday and would help the kids correct their sentences, followed by another group discussion.
III. Noon Sandhya Session:
- Meditation for older kids
- Omkaar gunjan for younger kids
IV. Shrimad Bhagavad Geeta (for older kids) : -
We had a short session on this. We discussed the importance of "Shrimad Bhagavad Geeta" and the benefits and positive impacts of following its instructions (given by Lord Krishna to Arjuna in the battlefield, in the form of verses).
:- This was to develop some curiosity and interest about Bhagavad Geeta in the older kids.